- Is a 20% Down Payment Really Necessary To...by KCM Crew on 2021-09-22 at 10:00 AM
There’s a common misconception that, as a homebuyer, you need to come up with 20% of the total sale price for your down payment. In fact, a recent survey by Lending Tree asks what is keeping consumers from purchasing a home. For over half of those surveyed, the ability to afford a down payment is
- Remote Work Is Here To Stay. Can Your Home...by KCM Crew on 2021-09-21 at 10:00 AM
A lot has changed over the past year. For many people, the rise in remote work influenced what they’re looking for in a home and created a greater appetite for a dedicated home office. Some professionals took advantage of the situation and purchased a bigger home. Other people thought working from home would be temporary,
- Is It Time To Move on to a New Home?by KCM Crew on 2021-09-20 at 10:00 AM
If you’ve been in your home for longer than five years, you’re not alone. According to recent data from First American, homeowners are staying put much longer than historical averages (see graph below):As the graph shows, before 2008, homeowners sold their houses after an average of just five years. Today, that number has more than
- Shares of Chinese Estates pop as much as 15%...on 2021-09-23 at 8:42 AM
Investment holding firm Chinese Estates announced in an exchange filing Thursday plans to potentially dispose of its entire stake in developer China Evergrande.
- The Fed is holding its rates near zero for now....on 2021-09-22 at 7:53 PM
The Fed is sticking with its near zero rate policy for now, yet borrowing costs may start to edge higher anyway.
- Google's $2.1 billion office building deal is...on 2021-09-22 at 7:01 PM
Google's deal to buy a Manhattan building adds to the rapid growth of Silicon Alley, despite a rise in remote work and a decline in the New York office market.
- Homeowners Feel Ready to Sellon 2018-10-08 at 4:02 PM
77 percent of Americans think that now is a good time to sell a home, a new record high.
- Trick or Treat Safety Rules for Homeownerson 2018-10-08 at 3:56 PM
Using bright outdoor lights, LED lights instead of candles, and friction tape on steps to prevent slips will help make Halloween safer for everyone.
- Consumers Care About the Environmenton 2018-10-08 at 3:49 PM
American property owners and communities are more concerned about the environment than ever before, and consumer inclinations for walkable communities and energy-efficient homes are on the rise.